Senior Finance Accountant (Remote - Spain)
Madrid, Comunidad de Madrid, SpainFinance
Created in October 2014, Tether USDt was the first stablecoin in existence and remained the sole stablecoin in the market until March 2018. Tether is disrupting the legacy financial system by offering a more modern approach to money. By adding fiat currency-digital cash to the blockchain, Tether makes a significant contribution to a more connected ecosystem by introducing digital currency benefits, such as instant global transactions, to traditional currency and incorporating traditional currency benefits like price stability to digital currency. With a commitment to full transparency and compliance, Tether is the most secure, fastest, and lowest-cost way to transact with money.
Our team is fully remote and globally distributed to capture the best talent from around the world. So far we’ve grown fast and stayed lean to secure our place as a leader in the space.
If you get excited about being in an industry that is breaking new ground and has the confidence to meet the many challenges that this evolving space faces, we are interested in talking to you. Join us and help lay the foundations for a decentralized future.
We are in search of a finance accountant to join our finance team. The ideal candidate should have 5 years of experience in the accounting field.
- Daily file processing such as:
- Review of Daily journal entries for the main Group entities
- Supervising and review Bank statements and investment reconciliations in accordance to the Group internal controls
- Review of the reconciliation of transactions on the blockchain
- Execution of the assigned controls as per the Group Internal Control System
- Review of General Ledger bookings directly in the respective accounting system for various entities
- Active participation in the preparation of the Consolidated financial statements and the respective notes
- Support in the implementation/strengthening of the Group Internal Control System
- Management reporting:
- Support team in the preparation of the weekly management reports
- Support team in the preparation of financial analysis, forecast, cash-flow planning, budget and business plans
- Participation in audits
- Support in preparing information to deliver to auditors including redaction of technical accounting Memo
- Support in reviewing deliverables to auditors to ensure our quality standards
- Support team head in providing appropriate answers to auditors ‘requests
- Support in preparing required reports for Regulators and licensing process
- Support in the context of SOC 2 report
- Proactive and willing to learn
- Focus on details, consistency and accuracy
- Analytical skills
- Reliable and good communicator
- Able to work independently based on instructions
- Team player and willing to accomplish the extra mile when required
- Ability to Work remotely
- Good time management skills and ability to handle period of intense work